3 in 1 Cribs – Your Buying Guide 2018 [Full Review]
The ongoing trend nowadays with mothers and parents alike are the innovative cribs that are present in the market. You can now have the freedom to choose what type of crib you would want your child to have. In addition, it can be interchanged from a crib into a bed. But you just need to know what is a 3-in-1 crib first.
Part 1 – What is a 3-in-1 crib?
3 in 1 cribs are similar to your well known convertible cribs (also known as the 4-in-1 cribs). The only difference is that the 3-in-1 crib does not have as much option as the latter offers. But it does not mean that this product is not worth your time or money. It can be a good alternative for parents who are on a tight budget and could not afford a high end 4-in-1 convertible crib.
When buying the right baby product for your little ones, you need to consider several factors. It must not only give safety and comfort for you baby but it must be multi-functional and ergonomic at the same time. It will not only save you money but it will also give you longer use and will adapt as your baby grows.
One of the most important items that you need to buy for your little angel is a crib. Considering a 3-in-1 convertible crib in your baby shopping list is a wise choice to make. This product definitely answers your questions about safety, comfort, and flexibility for you and your baby.
3-in-1 Crib Instructions – How to Use it?
You have probably noticed several cribs that are branded a 3-in 1 cribs. But what does it actually mean and how does it work? As the name describes, cribs with this particular design will be able to give you a total of three multi-functional features.
Basically, the crib itself can start from a regular crib. Once your baby gets bigger, the crib can be adjusted according to the needs of your little one. Once your baby is big enough, the once little crib can now be converted into a baby’s day bed. When your baby reaches their toddler years, the daybed can now be fully converted into a toddler bed which is roughly around as big as a small single bed.
How to Convert a 3-in-1 Crib to a Toddler Crib
If you are wondering how a small crib can turn into a daybed and finally into a toddler bed, well the answer is based on a “do it yourself” factor. The crib has been carefully modeled so that it can easily be converted from one function to another. The only thing you need to prepare is your assembling skills.
Take note that sometimes, the original 3 in 1 cribs “package” does not include the materials you need to convert the item to different beds. Usually, the resources that you will be needing is sold separately. So better take note of this factor once buying a crib.
Once you are able to finally get your hands on all the needed materials then all you must to do is to assemble it. You need not worry if you are bad at DIY. The design of the crib assures ease of assembly and it comes with a full set of instructions for you to follow.
Different Styles of the 3-in-1 Crib
Like what I have previously mentioned, what 3 in 1 cribs can offer is almost the same as the 4-in-1 models. This crib only lacks the features that can make it a “toddler bed.” But the other toddler-bed choices can be made using this product.
This will be the first ever bed that your child will use. The bed will allow you to have easy access to your child. At the same time, like what I did, it can be used as a quick diaper changing area if needed. Since the mattress of the crib is located just inches from the top of the crib, you can use the empty bottom half for storage in the meantime.
This bed is best used for children who are currently in their toddler years. The mattress of the crib will be adjusted to the lowest level possible in order to convert the standard crib into the daybed style. This time around, you can say goodbye to your “bottom half storage space.” When using this feature, you will have to remove a portion of the cribs’ railings. This will allow easier access for your children when they would want to go in and out of their bed.
Single or Twin Bed
This is the final feature of the 3-in-1 crib that is best suited for your preschooler kids. The mattress level is still set on the lowest possible state. Since your children are now more aware of their surroundings, you can opt to remove all of the railings of the crib making it now look like a real bed.
Possible Add-Ons of the 3-in-1 Crib
The availability of “add-ons’ can differ from one manufacturer to another. But basically, they have similar “freebies” that parents can use throughout the transitioning process of the crib.
First is the availability of a diaper changing table. This table can be anchored at either end of the crib. This allows easy access for the parents whenever they need to change their kid. When disassembled, the changing table can be converted into a bedside table, a bookshelf or even an additional storage space. Since the changing table has extra drawers and storage space, it can be a great addition once your child transitions to his/her daybed.
Next up are the headboards and the footboards. Well, basically it is not a freebie. But these are once the side railings of the crib that can now be used as another bed accessory. Once it is time for the crib to be converted into a full single or twin bed, the railings will then be attached to the bedframe to accommodate the size of the single/twin bed.
The third is the aforementioned additional storage spaces that parents can use while the crib is still in its standard form. The lower part of the crib can be used to stock your child’s clothes, diapers, bottles and many more. Take it from me when I say that you need to choose the correct items to store under the crib. Place baby items that you would always use all throughout the day like clothes, diapers, and bottles. It will be less time consuming and will allow you to move faster.
The 3 in 1 cribs are probably the second best choice for your child’s needs following the 4-in-1 convertible crib. Not only is it less expensive, it can also provide the basic necessity we are looking for in a state-of-the-art type of crib. Personally, I would prefer this crib over the 4-in-1 if I am on a tight budget.
If you plan to check for the best 3 in 1 cribs in the market, there are several manufacturers that can probably meet your standards and can fit with your furniture style. Some of these include the “Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail” which is GREENGUARD Gold Certified (screened for over 10,000 chemicals) and meets international and U.S. CPSC safety standards (JPMA Certified).
Another very good option is the “Babyletto Modo 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail” that is also JPMA certified. It is also made of sustainable New Zealand Pine Wood and the price is a little bit more attractive right now than the Babyletto Hudson crib.
Part 2 – 3 in 1 Cribs Reviewed – Best Crib Buying Guide 2018
Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib – Features, Pros, and Cons
Ever set your eye on something so simple, yet so effective? Ever seen something so basic, yet it has everything you will ever need for the next year or so? Here, I will talk you through my review of the Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib and why it is garnering so many darn good reviews!
- It’s 3-in-1 design – When it comes to design, convertible pieces really have more advantages. It has everything you need for every stage of your growing baby. Thus, it is more practical and more efficient. It can be converted from an infant bed to a daybed and finally to a full-sized bed with ease.
- Guaranteed safety – According to the manufacturer, this crib has met The American Society for Testing and Materials International and U.S. Consumer Product Saf
ety Commission standards. That means that this crib is of very high-quality and durability making it a perfect space for your little one.
- Four adjustable mattress levels – The level of the mattress is beneficial for the different developmental stages of your baby. Newborns should be in high mattresses for the ease of picking them up, while more active and older babies who love to roll should be on lower leveled mattresses. Toddlers who can stand up and can climb over cribs should be at the lowest level possible.
- Style and finish – This lovely crib is made out of New Zealand pine wood, and has a non-toxic, lead and phthalate-safe finish.
- Colors – Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is available in the colors Espresso (a beautiful dark brown), White, Sunshine (a gorgeous sunshiney, almost a lemon chiffon yellow color), Lagoon (a unique, robin’s egg blue) and Grey.
Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib has a lot of rave reviews on Amazon. This crib has a total of over 600 customer reviews. With 73% of 5-star rating and only 3% of 1-star rating as I am writing this review, you sure know what you’re getting. Let me give you a proper breakthrough of why most consumers love it.
- Price – A lot of consumers love the price point of Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib. They really think that it’s a good deal considering the great quality of this particular crib. They love the fact that they’re getting the bang for their buck. As one satisfied customer said, “You really couldn’t ask for more for a crib that costs just over $$$”.
- Assembles easily – As I was reading through the reviews, almost all of it mentioned the ease of assembly. According to satisfied customers, this crib can be easily assembled for just 30 minutes or less. No hassle and the instructions are fairly easy to follow. We all hate products that take up too much of our time in just patching up the pieces. We want products that are easy to assemble, easy to use and therefore, easy to love.
- Size – Some people don’t like bulky cribs. Customers love the fact that this crib can fit into limited spaces. The design of this particular crib is slim and sleek, which is perfect for parents who like furniture that could fit anywhere.
- Style – The style is so basic and so minimalistic, but that is the beauty of it. It can match any design and theme imaginable. Parents love the simplicity because there’s nothing too fancy. They can add drama to it without being a painful sight. They can add other decors and the nursery won’t be too overwhelming.
- Sturdiness – Though not many reviews mentioned it, some consumers were disappointed enough to give it 1 star. This crib has been called “wobbly” and “flimsy”.
- Paint chips off – Another concern was the paint chipping off very soon after purchase. This can be pretty dangerous to children especially if they inhaled or ingested some of the paint. Still, be reminded that these negative feedback are very few. Nevertheless, always be attentive to details when purchasing a product.
If you are someone who loves simple designs and prioritizes effectiveness over aesthetics, then this product is perfect for you. Parents fell in love with this crib because it has a high value for its low price. Who wouldn’t love that? You’re basically getting more for less. The design is a major feature because it is simple yet elegant and can fit any tastes. Whether you have a “no-frills” nursery or an “over-the-top” one Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib can easily blend in. When purchasing a product, though, always check for drawbacks first. Your baby’s health and safety should be your number 1 priority.
As a parent with very limited space inside the house, this would very much fit my preference. I, for one, love something that can last for a very long time and the design would just be a bonus. But with this, you’ll have both. You can customize it any way you want, and it would still retain its effectiveness as a crib. If you are a practical and stylish mom, I highly recommend this crib to you. 🙂
Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail – Elegance, Quality, and Convenience
In a world where everything we touch emits chemicals and pollution, going green is the right path to choose. For the past decades, as technology began to rise, we have been ignoring the cries of our own Mother Nature. What can we do? We can start by doing small things. Let’s start by preferring much better products that don’t impose harm and danger to our environment. The production of these items should be considered, too. So it’s best to go for brands that are environmentally sustainable and energy efficient. One of these brands is babyletto, and I’m here to tell you some information about one of its star products: The babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail.
- Guaranteed Safety – babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail has the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) certification. This means that the crib has been tested and found to comply with the American Society for Testing and Materials International and U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission standards.
- Toxic And Chemical Free – This crib is lead and phthalate-safe with a non-toxic finish. No need to worry if your child is safe in his crib.
- Toddler Bed Conversion Kit Included (No Extra Charge) – Other brands have dedicated conversion kits that are sold separately, but this one already includes the toddler bed conversion kit.
- 3-In-1 Modern Design – babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail is a convertible crib. Convertible cribs have a lot of advantages especially because it is multipurpose. It grows with your baby so you don’t have to purchase cribs for different ages.
Let me tell you why parents love this particular crib.
- Style – It is very evident that customers love this crib because of its modern simplicity. It is elegant, sleek and stylish. One customer even raved, “This is the most beautiful crib I have ever seen”. Now, that’s something. Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail isn’t just a simple crib. It has many other details that make it stand out from the crowd. For example, the color combination of pure white and espresso makes it very “in” right now. It can also match any theme for your nursery.
- Easy to assemble – Many customers have praised this product for how easy it is to be built. For a slow and sure assembly, a customer suggested taking 2-4 hours. But others have managed to assemble the crib in just 30-45 minutes.
- Reasonable price – Though it’s original price is a bit higher as compared to other cribs, consumers have been finding the price to be reasonable, especially because the product is well-made and of high quality.
- Low profile – A consumer stated that the best feature of this crib is its low profile. Even petite moms don’t have any problems picking their babies up and putting them down, even when the mattress is in the lowest setting.
- Durability/longevity – Consumers are very happy with the sturdiness of this crib. In fact, one of them even stated that the Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail they bought in 2011 still looks as good as new and is still as strong as the day they first bought it. It certainly can withstand the test of time.
- Wood is softer than normal – For only four 1-star reviews, I really cannot get much out of it. Although there are two mentions concerning the quality of wood, which is softer in comparison with other wood made cribs. According to them, the wood can be easily dented and scratched, which means that the material used is of poor quality.
This crib is – almost – flawless, according to reviews. The modern design is pretty much highlighted, and it certainly is a very stylish crib. The thing about this crib is its versatility. It can be in a dramatic setting, or a simpler one, and it will meld in just fine.
The Babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail is a mix of elegance, quality, and convenience. Not to mention that the product and the production itself is considerate of our environment. You can never go wrong with a product that has it all. If these are your priorities when choosing a lasting bed for your little one, then I highly recommend this product for you. 🙂
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail – Features, Pros and Cons
There are a lot of 3-in-1 convertible crib with toddler rail out in the market and it can be a bit overwhelming if you don’t have enough knowledge about it. You can add to your options the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail. It may not be a 4-in-1 crib but it will function almost similar to it.
Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail Features
In order to include the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail to your list, you must know both the pros and cons of the product. I hope I can shed a little light for you in choosing the best crib that is fitting for your child, your home, your style and your budget.
Since the design of the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail is based on modern schemes, it can fit easily with whatever style you plan to decorate your baby’s room. Another plus is that the appearance of the crib can be used by either a boy or a girl.
Amazingly, the crib comes in seven different colors that you can choose from. So far this is the widest array of a color scheme that I have seen in a crib. These colors include white, espresso, espresso/white, gray/white, gray, washed natural and finally white/washed natural. Of course, each color will correspond to different prices once your purchase it.
The base of the crib does not have any wheels on it making it more secure and safe for your child. It also has stable toddler rails that can give additional protection especially when your baby starts to stand and move around.
The Pro’s of the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail
- The crib is made out of pine wood and has passed the Greenguard standards. This means that this product has a non-toxic, lead and phthalate safe finish. It also meets the ASTM and CPSC standards so you can rest assured that your little one will be safe from chemical exposures.
- When you purchase this product, you will also get to own its toddler bed conversion kit as well. This will allow you to transition the crib into its other features as your child grows.
- Like the name states, this crib can only transition into three features. First is the regular crib that is best for newborns. Its next feature is the toddler bed wherein you can adjust the mattress to the lowest level possible and provide a small entrance for your child so that they can easily get I and out of their bed.
- The last function of the crib is the daybed. It can be used by your preschoolers but only up to a limited time. Once they outgrow the bed, you can no longer adjust it to become a full sized single or twin bed. This is the only difference between a 3-in-1 convertible crib with toddler rails and a 4-in-1 convertible crib.
- The product does have its toddler conversion kit but it does not include a mattress. So you have to purchase the crib’s mattress separately. It is also very risky to match the crib with a mattress from a different manufacturer because it might not fit securely to the crib.
In my own opinion, I would rather go with the likes of the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail than to purchase a 4-in-1 crib due to practicality reasons. First is that we will never know how durable and long-lasting the product is.
If you purchase a 4-in-1 crib that assures you it can be used up until teen years, it will definitely be tested in terms of its wear and tear. With kids these days, it is very nerve-racking to judge if the crib WOULD reach your child’s teen years. The downside is, due to too much damage, you might not be able to reuse it again.
As for the 3-in-1 convertible crib with toddler rails, it will have lesser chances of damage and it won’t wear out as much as the 4-in-1. This means that it can have a better chance to be reused once again if you are expecting another bundle of joy.
The second major factor that made me choose the Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail is because of our child’s mental development. Yes, this is a bit weird but hear me out.
When I mentioned mental what I meant is your child’s capability of understanding. Let us put it this way, imagine you were the baby who is now all grown up as a teen. You would want your room to have its own design according to your preference, right? This includes the color scheme, the decors and of course, the furniture. Would you want your bed to be the same bed you had when you were a baby? Of course not. Now you know where I’m getting at.
The Babyletto Hudson 3-in-1 Convertible Crib with Toddler Rail is a good choice if you plan to invest in a crib that can accommodate your child up until their pre-schooling years. It is also very trendy, modern and safe. If you plan to go shopping, I suggest you take a gander at this product.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib – An Eco-Friendly Crib
Are you a “green” mommy? If you don’t know what “green” means, it means pursuing knowledge and practicing sustainable living in an environmentally friendly way. That’s a mouthful, isn’t it? But basically, it just means that you prefer everything that contributes to the well-being of our planet. You learn about “green” practices, prefer organic foods, products, technologies that are beneficial to our environment and other sustainable alternatives.
If you’re planning on going “green”, then you can start by eliminating toxic products and replacing them with eco-friendly ones. Start with the next generation, start with your baby. Going green is basically doing small steps for the betterment of the world. When will be the right time to start if it isn’t now? Baby bedding would be the perfect area to start with because newborns practically live on their cribs. So may I make a suggestion? Read on for more details because the product I’m talking about is the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib: Features
- The greener, the better – DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is GREENGUARD Gold Certified. When a product is GREENGUARD certified, it means that it has passed some of the world’s most rigorous standards for low emissions of VOC’s. They go through screenings of over 10,000 chemicals and 360 VOC’s. VOC’s are Volatile Organic Compounds and they are basically toxic chemicals released into the air by certain products. It is also made of 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood. The finish is made by a non-toxic, multi-step painting process, is lead-free and phthalate safe. Rest assured that the materials used are very safe for your baby.
- Safety is guaranteed – This product meets the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) safety standards, which means that they have been tested out for the durability of the materials as well as the overall safety of the product.
Features: Style and Design
- 3-in-1 design – This design has been proven to be one of the best there is. It is an infant crib that can be converted into a toddler bed and finally a day bed. It is usually the most preferred design because it serves many purposes over time. A convertible crib is practically an investment.
- Classic style – This crib has its signature intricate spindle posts, stationary sides, and optional wheels.
- Colors – This crib comes in a wide array of different colors such as Cherry, Ebony, Emerald, Lagoon, Sunshine, White and Fog Grey.
- Award-winning product – DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is recognized as the winner in Best Vintage-Looking Crib by Babble
- Very eco-friendly and baby-safe – The manufacturers fully support green living. Thus, this brand is environmentally friendly, even towards the processes of creating their products. Toxic chemicals are not present in paint and in adhesion. The paints and finishes they use are non-toxic and ultra-safe, according to their annual paint tests. By adhesion, I meant that the glue used for this product is formaldehyde-free, water-based and also non-toxic. This is already a huge deal, because some cribs have paints that chip off, and there is no certainty that this is safe. They can be inhaled or digested especially when babies are teething. Babies spend most of their time lounging in their cribs, especially the younger ones. We cannot be more attentive when it comes to their safety. We should always prefer products that have been tested and have surpassed quality and standards.
- Optional wheels – Wheels are a plus for convenience. They can be moved around without having to carry them. They can also be detached to prevent accidents.
- Easy to assemble – Some consumers only took 10 minutes to assemble it. It is also a piece of cake because the materials are not very heavy. You can build it with or without help.
- Vintage design – The design is a classic. It’s like something you will see out of an old movie. It adds an elegant and a vintage feel to the nursery.
- Sturdiness – A crib is a piece of furniture that will always be a subject to wear and tear. But this particular piece is sturdy enough to last through toddler years. A convertible crib serves many purposes and it is just reasonable to make one with materials that will stand the test of time.
- Great for both genders – This crib is available in different shades of colors for both boys and girls. The design and style cater to both genders as well.
- Quality – Though pros do outweigh the cons, some have claimed its quality to be low for the price. Some parts came cracked or had some malfunctioning pieces. An example of this would be the metal frame spring and its movable arms. The surface can tilt downward and can cause a baby to roll down. It is potentially dangerous because he can get stuck in the lowered end of the said surface and couldn’t roll back. The springs were also mentioned to break after a certain force is applied (i.e. jumping).
Are you someone who loves vintage designs instead of modern and architectural ones? Do you love the vibe you get when you walk into a room and you feel like you entered the 1950’s? Do you love items that bring nostalgic feelings and evoke a sense of calmness? No busy streets, no loud cars, and devices, just tranquility. Are you also a mom who loves being practical and prefers eco-friendly products and lifestyle? Then this crib might just be the right one for you.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is both pleasing to the eyes and to the environment. And if it’s safe for the environment, then it’s safe for your baby, too. I must say, though, that some products are not meant to last forever especially if they’re used on a daily basis. There will come a time that you’ll have to say goodbye to those, so take care of them as much as you can. Yes, I am talking about this particular crib. It needs love and care if you want it to get the job done and if you want it to last like any other furniture. When taken care of properly, this product will last until the next babies arrive.
Eco-friendly product with a beautiful and classic design
When buying baby furniture, always do your research, always ask for details. Prior to buying, make sure that the place you will buy it from has a return and exchange policy. Upon delivery, check for any dents or damage in the materials, finish and individual pieces. You can always return it if you’re not satisfied with the product. Always go for high quality and well-made items for your baby because you cannot risk anything. Being a mom is being attentive and being sensitive to your child’s needs. I recommend the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib to you if you love an effective, useful, eco-friendly product with a beautiful and classic design. 🙂
3 in 1 Crib with Changing Table
Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Combo
If you have not yet bought a side cabinet and a dressing table for your little one then maybe the Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Como might be the perfect choice for you. IT does not only offer a convertible crib but also provides you with an elegantly made side cabinet with a dressing table on top of it.
- Space Conserving Design-This crib is perfect for small spaced rooms because of it’s cabinet location right beside the crib and it’s changing table directly above the cabinet. It is also a seamless way to change your baby. You need not go too far just to get your baby’s clothes, diaper other needed items. You can use the cabinets and save yourself the hassle of going around the room looking for your baby needs.
- Detachable Dressing Table-The detachable dressing table is a good function as well. You can detach the dressing table and use is either in the bathroom, on your bed or anywhere you need it to be.
- Color-There is a total of five colors that you can choose from. These colors include black, white, cherry, espresso and finally the neutral finish.
- Style and Finish-It’s elegantly classy style is tailored to accommodate both boys and girls. With the unisexual color schemes, it is safe to buy for those parents who would want to be “surprised” by their baby’s gender.
The Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Como has been awarded a total of four-star overall rating from the Amazon website. With its 44% five star rating, it is definitely a good buy of a good crib for your money. There is also a 31 % of four-star ratings followed by a 19% for three stars and finally a 6% for one-star ratings. Here are some reasons as to why the Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Como has been rated as such.
- Compact Design-Like what was previously stated, its ergonomic design is great for those with tightly spaced rooms. It also is very convenient for mommies as they use the cabinets for baby items.
- A Long-Term Investment-Because of its durability, you can use the crib to its fullest potential. If taken care of properly, it can even be a handed down crib for your future little ones.
- Mattress Issues-It was a bit evident that the mattress for the crib is thinner as compared to other crib mattresses. Same goes with its changing table mattress.
- Cabinet Problems-It appears that some parents have trouble with the knobs located at the cabinet. Some have stated that it was a bit lose and can easily be removed by their kids. But when it comes to its durability, there were no questions asked as the product did perform as expected of it.
If you are trying to look for a small crib to fit your space-saving house then this is probably a good choice for you. The Dream On Me Casco 3 in 1 Mini Crib and Dressing Table Como is a crib, a cabinet and a dressing table all rolled into one. It also promises a long-term investment due to its 3-in-1 functionality. So If you want a compact yet durable crib, then this is the choice for you.