Sponsored Post – Are you a “green” mommy? If you don’t know what “green” means, it means pursuing knowledge and practicing sustainable living in environmentally friendly way. That’s a mouthful isn’t it? But basically, it just means that you prefer everything that contributes to the well-being of our planet. You learn about “green” practices, prefer organic foods, products, technologies that are beneficial to our environment and other sustainable alternatives.
If you’re planning on going “green”, then you can start by eliminating toxic products and replacing them with eco-friendly ones. Start with the next generation, start with your baby. Going green is basically doing small steps for the betterment of the world. When will be the right time to start if it isn’t now? Baby bedding would be the perfect area to start with because newborns practically live on their cribs. So may I make a suggestion? Read on for more because the one I’m talking about is the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib: Features
- The greener, the better – DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is GREENGUARD Gold Certified. When a product is GREENGUARD certified, it means that it passed some of the world’s most rigorous standards for low emissions of VOC’s. They go through screenings of over 10,000 chemicals and 360 VOC’s. VOC’s are Volatile Organic Compounds and they are basically toxic chemicals released into the air by certain products. It is also made of 100% sustainable New Zealand pine wood. The finish is made by a non-toxic, multi-step painting process, is lead-free and phthalate safe. Rest assured that the materials used are very safe for your baby.
- Safety is guaranteed – This product meets the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) and U.S. CPSC (Consumer Product Safety Commission) safety standards, which means that they have been tested out for the durability of the materials as well as the overall safety of the product.
Features: Style and Design
- 3-in-1 design – This design have been proven to one of the best. It is originally an infant crib, and can be converted into a toddler bed and day bed. It is usually the most preferred design because it serves many purposes over time. A convertible crib is practically an investment.
- Classic style – This crib has its signature intricate spindle posts, stationary sides and optional wheels.
- Colors – This crib comes in an array of different colors such as: Cherry, Ebony, Emerald, Lagoon, Sunshine, White and Fog Grey.
- Award winning product – DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is recognized as the winner in Best Vintage-Looking Crib by Babble
- Very eco-friendly and baby-safe – This brand supports green living. This brand is very environmentally friendly, even the processes. Toxic chemicals are not present, in paint and in adhesion. The paints and finishes they use are non-toxic and ultra-safe, according to their annual paint tests. By adhesion, I meant that the glue used for this product is formaldehyde-free, water-based and also non-toxic. This is already a huge deal, because some cribs have paints that chip off, and there is no certainty that this is safe. They can be inhaled or digested especially when babies are teething. Babies spend most of their time lounging in their cribs, especially the younger ones. We cannot be more attentive when it comes to their safety. We should always prefer products that have been tested and have surpassed quality and standards.
- Optional wheels – Wheels are a plus for convenience. They can be moved around without having to carry them. They can also be detached to prevent accidents.
- Easy to assemble – Some consumers only took 10 minutes to assemble it. It also is a piece of cake because the materials are not very heavy. You can build it with or without help.
- Vintage design – The design is a classic. It’s like something you will see out of an old movie. It adds elegance and a vintage feel to the nursery.
- Sturdiness – A crib is a piece of furniture that will always be a subject to wear and tear. But this particular piece is sturdy enough to last through toddler years. A convertible crib serves many purposes and it is just reasonable to make one with materials that will stand the test of time.
- Great for both genders – This crib is available in colors for both boys and girls but the design and style caters to both.
- Quality – Though pros do outweigh the cons, some have claimed its quality to be low for the price. Some parts came cracked, or do have some malfunctioning pieces. An example of this would be the metal frame spring and its moveable arms. The surface can tilt downward and can cause a baby to roll down. It is potentially dangerous because he can get stuck in the deeper end and couldn’t roll back. The springs were also mentioned to break after a certain force is applied (i.e. jumping).
Are you someone who loves vintage designs instead of modern and architectural ones? Do you love the vibe you get when you walk into a room and you feel like you entered the 1950’s? Do you love items that bring nostalgic feelings and evoke a sense of calmness? No busy streets, no loud cars and devices, just tranquility. Are you also a mom who loves being practical and prefers eco-friendly products and lifestyle? Then this crib might just be the right one for you.
DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib is both pleasing to the eyes and to the environment. And if it’s safe for the environment, then it’s safe for your baby, too. I must say, though, that some products are not meant to last forever especially if they’re used in a daily basis. There will come a time that you’ll have to say goodbye to those, so take care of them as much as you can. Yes, I am talking about this particular crib. It needs love and care if you want it to get the job done and if you want it to last like any other furniture. When taken care of properly, this product will last until the next babies arrive.
parentingandbabyneeds.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through an affiliate link parentingandbabyneeds.com receives a commission at no additional cost to you.
Eco-friendly product with a beautiful and classic design
When buying baby furniture, always do your research, always ask for details. Prior to buying, make sure that the place you will buy it from has a return and exchange policy. Upon delivery, check for any dents or damage in the materials, finish and individual pieces. You can always return it if you’re not satisfied with the product. Always go for high quality and well-made items for your baby because you cannot risk anything. Being a mom is being attentive and being sensitive to your child’s needs. I recommend the DaVinci Jenny Lind 3-in-1 Convertible Crib to you if you love an effective, useful, eco-friendly product with a beautiful and classic design. 🙂